Happy (almost) weekend! I am SO looking forward to an incredibly quiet and relaxing weekend. It feels like I say that every week, but if I’ve learned anything during this pandemic (or panini or whatever we’re calling it this week) it’s that quality time and a slower pace really are the keys to success for me.
Switching gears a bit……earlier this week, J. Crew released several new arrivals that I am absolutely loving. I am totally here for the fun liberty prints, gorgeous dresses with square necklines, striped shirtdresses, and chambray tops with puff- sleeves! There are SO may fun prints and stylish pieces!
Here are my top five new arrivals faves (affiliate links below):
1. The puff-sleeve trend is one of my faves! I love how a simple white or solid colored blouse can be elevated with a cute sleeve detail. And, the styling possibilities are endless with these tops. A puff-sleeve top looks great with pencil or midi skirts, with jeans, or with shorts. In this latest release, there are several new solid colors in the Puff-Sleeve Cotton Poplin Pullover Top including white, pale kiwi, black, dark beechwood, and chambray. I hope that this trend is here to stay!
2. The J. Crew Button-Front Cotton Poplin Dress in English Garden is stunning. The print is breathtaking and the design is absolutely beautiful. I LOVEEEE square necklines and the details on this beauty are striking. I cannot wait to get my hands on this beauty (the dress is currently on backorder). I take my normal size 16 in this fabulous silhouette.
3. The J. Crew Classic-Fit Poplin Shirtdress in Mixed Stripe is indeed a classic. The shirtdress silhouette is one of my faves because it’s an effortless look. And, I love that a shirtdress can be dressed up with strappy sandals or dressed down with sneakers.
4. The J. Crew Patch-Pocket Cotton Poplin Shirtdress in Stripe is another fave because it is SO effortless and cute! This classic shirtdress is perfect for summer because the material is so airy and breathable!
5. The J. Crew Smocked-Waist Pleated Dress in Stripe. Initially, I resisted the smocked dress trend because I was concerned that the smocking would not work well with my shape. I am SO glad that I was wrong because this is another trend that I absolutely LOVEEEE. I am totally here for how smocking details elevate a classic dress. In case you missed it, HERE is a blogpost featuring several of my smocked dress faves.
Shop the pieces (affiliate links below):
Anything catch your eye? What J. Crew new arrivals are you loving? Do tell!
Thanks for stopping by and have a terrific Thursday!
really rynetta (pronounced renita)