Happy Wednesday! I hope that you’re having a great week! And, I hope that you’re enjoying warmer temperatures and tons of sunshine! The weather has been absolutely perfect in KY–super sunny and bright, just the way that I like it! And, as the weather shifts to warmer temperatures, and as the flowers continue bloom, I am getting more and more excited about spring fashion! So, today, I am sharing 5 fun ways to style spring florals! I love a bold, fun, vibrant, floral print because it stands out and because it can be styled SO many fun ways! Floral prints are incredibly versatile.
Here are 5 ways to style spring florals! Photos by Kirstie Dunston Photography
1. My favorite way to style a fun floral print is by mixing patterns and textures. Pattern mixing is an incredibly fun way to spruce up a look and to get the most of our your wardrobe! I love mixing stripes with florals and mixing fun graphic t-shirts with bold patterns. An unexpected pattern mix is the best look in my opinion! In the look below, I focused on pulling out the blue hues in the floral pattern! The skirt fits TTS (I am wearing my normal size XL). I sized up in the sweater from an XL to an XXL. A classic denim jacket, a fun colorful sandal, and a straw tote bag complete the look!
Here are images of the look:
2. Pairing pattern on pattern on pattern is a fun way to wear spring florals! J. Crew has referred to this type of look as a “hook up,” and I love it! I love pairing the same bold floral in different pieces (in the images below I am wearing a skirt, a blouse, and shoes in the pattern although it looks a like a dress). And, the great thing about the look featured in the images below is that the pieces can be worn separately! The blouse, the skirt, and the shoes all fit TTS! And, there is a dress in this print that would look great paired with the shoes in this print, too!
3. Adding a pop of color with a fun pair of shoes or earrings is another creative way to style fun spring florals! In the image below, I pair a super cute floral shirtdress with bold pink suede shoes. The shoes help to elevate the look while keeping the emphasis on the florals! This gorgeous dress fits TTS!
4. Fun spring florals also look great paired with white denim! White denim is incredibly versatile and I love allowing the floral print to pop against white!
5. Finally, pairing bold spring florals with fun accessories such as metallic gold earrings, metallic gold handbags, and straw totes can elevate the look without overshadowing the florals. In the images below, I pair a fun floral print with a metallic handbag with a bamboo handle that adds visual interest and a different texture to the look! Adding a fun pop of color with a lightweight sweater is a fun way to style the look, too!
Shop these looks (affiliate links below):
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Wednesday!
really rynetta (pronounced renita)